I get message " were having trouble connecting to your voice server"

Keep Regent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

the viewr logs me in .. but no voioce is available .. this is happening only with the v2 viewer, not the V1 viewer or phoenix

update:

I ran the speed test softwre from verizon and found the upload speed to be very slow (<6KKMB)...after optimizing the settings the speeds for exceed 25kmb for both upload and down load.  I get the same error when logging in.  Any other suggestions?

1 answer to this question

Hi there, this is an intermittant problem that can affect any viewers at times which means that your client viewer is having difficulty connecting to the third party voice servers which run the voice services on behalf of linden labs.  The first thing to try is simply relogging which will fix it most of the time, if that does not work then the next thing to do is begin checking your connectivity, make sure that you computer is plugged in to your modem/router directly with cables as voice being a VOIP product is highly sensitive to the varying conditions common on wireless that induces jitter.  Viewer 2 seems to bork at poor connectivity more than older viewers most likely because it has been set to target higher quality of service targets which would fail on poor connections that are out of tollerance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.