Very old system clothes not working.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I decided to try to get some old system clothes to work with BOM.  The photo is of a top that I applied at least 2 hours previously, at the same time as the panties.  The top never rezzes except as shown.  I assume that the UUID in the no mod item is no longer extant, but there is no error message.

If I attempt to apply the same thing to the system body, there is no grey overlay, but no top either (image redacted).

Is this the creator (he's still in business, but not known for customer care) or SL?  I was under the impression that once a UUID was extant it was available forever.

Screenshot from 2020-05-07 11-46-36.png

Screenshot from 2020-05-07 11-52-24.png

Edited by Anna Nova
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

s this the creator (he's still in business, but not known for customer care) or SL?  I was under the impression that once a UUID was extant it was available forever.

I have had many issues like this over the years. Some texture files get corrupted and look simply horrible (like a jpg saved at 90 percent compression but worse) and some are forever gray.   I even had one case where  my store logo completely disappeared from the database --- not just my inventory and not just  my alts but even from the inventory of the owner of a venue where I had sent in the logo a week before.  I had a copy on my computer still luckily.  All items with these issues have been years old.  And of course items that USED the textures were also either very ugly or forever gray.   

So it looks to me like this is a simple texture loss issue and not a BOM thing.  I don't believe it has anything to do with WHO made the texture or even if the person still has an account in SL.      

On a corresponding issue , I have repeatedly had local textures on products that had been changed into textures in inventory and TESTED to make sure that they "stuck" go back to gray the next day.  For awhile this happened so often it was ridiculous.   So all sorts of things happen with texture files.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I have had many issues like this over the years. ...

Thanks Chic,  It's not a great loss, as I have the applier version and the V5 Maitreya allows me to only wear the layer if I need it (thereby reducing complexity when I don't).  I have an ancient (2015) alpha from the same source that does the same, so I was suspicious of the maker.

I just like to understand these things.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.