Metallic Uv Map

LovelyGems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Everyone , I made something for the first time in blender. WOOHOOO!! , I'm trying to figure out the uvmap part i have everything ready i baked the textures onto the uv map but it isn't showing up as metallic its showing flat and smooth and shading on the uv map. I was wondering how do i get the uv map to understand and show the metallic node onto the uv map like i would love it to do?. I tried several times but i cannot get it to work right, Everything in my blender file is metallic for my object but in game it shows the flat smooth shading uv map. I did combined for the bake i'm not too sure if that's correct to  use or what can someone help a noob out please?

Thank you   !!

• Haha 1

in general reflective materials inherit their visual properties from a combination of the camera angle and the environment that is reflecting into them.

The baking camera isn't a "standard" camera, its position changes for every rendered triangle so you'll need more than just a material set as reflective.

That being said i usually advise against baking static reflections because they look terrible on everything except the marketplace pictures. We also have had materials in SL for years now, and it's time to get on with the program.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.