You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

My friend and I are experiencing the weirdest thing ever. I don't know if anybody else has experienced this but we need help because it's frustrating.

I have a Blue Snowball mic that I use for voice on SL and other platforms and it works perfectly for everyone and everywhere except for my friend. 
What she hears when I speak is pure static and it is loud and obnoxious (yes I've head it through a phonecall and it's awful).

At first I thought it was the viewer, since it worked fine before the BoM update (we use Firestorm Version 6.3.2.58052)
We've tried to figure out what the problem is, cause here's the kicker: EVERYONE else sound fine to her, but me. 

So what's the problem? We tried reinstalling the viewer, I made sure my input was my mic, and even without it using my mic in my laptop, it's the same awful audio coming through her end. 
Her speakers are fine, like I mentioned everyone else sounds good, so why is mine not coming through how I hear it to her?
Also location hasn't changed anything, it occurs no matter where we go.

If this can't be fixed, is there a way she can turn my mic down or mute me without having to block or unfriend me? 

Thank you in advance!

You might want to try a couple of things:

• Have your friend who hears static check the volume specifically for you and make sure it is not turned up very high
  • Try running the current official viewer (it may have a more recent version of the voice software than what you're running)
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.