Announcer

Craznal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Probably simple, but I'm trying to make some announcement script for when an avatar lands or enters a certain area in my place.  I'm thinking a prim with collision, and tried that.  Didn't work for landing on, but endlessly shouted when stood on.  Land_collision didn't seem to do anything.

Ideally, I'd like it to work with somebody landing from a port and walking onto (just the port if I can't do both), but have say a 10 minute timeout between reactivating for the same avatar.  It doesn't need to say a name, just need others to see it, across a parcel if possible, will just have it shout otherwise.

Any steering in the right direction would be appreciated, thanks  ^_^

You're looking for a simple visitor greeter, which could be triggered by collision with a prim, or by a sensor, or simply by a timer that checks llGetAgentList every few seconds to see who's around.  If you want to avoid yelling at the same person repeatedly, just maintain a list of visitors and the times when they were first detected.  If a detected person is already on the list, don't send a second message.   Check the dates and names in the list periodically and remove any that have been there for more than 10 minutes, or simply clear the entire list if there's nobody around at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.