Black Dragon Viewer

MajinnBuu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I recently been trying to download the Black dragon viewer and every time I run it and install I click to open and it tells me I cannot open the file, I don’t know why and I’m not sure what else to try to get it to work my pc is Windows 10 and I’m not sure if that’s the problem or what, but I can’t access black dragon and I’ve tried 6 times already.

4 hours ago, MajinnBuu said:

Hi I recently been trying to download the Black dragon viewer and every time I run it and install I click to open and it tells me I cannot open the file, I don’t know why and I’m not sure what else to try to get it to work my pc is Windows 10 and I’m not sure if that’s the problem or what, but I can’t access black dragon and I’ve tried 6 times already.

If its telling you that it can't start i assume you are getting a error code message, which means you don't have VCRedist 2013 64bit installed.

As @radioedit already mentioned the system requirements and pre-download page specifically notes about these. You can find VCRedist 2013 here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

8 hours ago, MajinnBuu said:

Ok so it finally works but when it’s on the loading page it gets to 75% and then it closes out out of it completely..what do I do about that

Sounds like you messed up your setting and its most likely Depth of Field.

Start the Viewer, open Preferences, go into the Display tab, find the Depth of Field settings and default all of them.

• 11 months later...
15 hours ago, luciferiadophidia said:

I m trying to install last viewer of BD , he asks me to install https://gyazo.com/311c6d5412f0c79490bfc6e3a8a338a0 and then i install ... then restart the pc, try all and BD asks me to remove all that i install ... can u hep me figure out whats happen here

It asks you to install both required VCRedists ONCE. These are only required if the Viewer does not start up and throws errors. Otherwise these can be skipped.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 6:36 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

Not having to deal with this specific support issue is why all other viewers use an installer.

An installer that brings its own set of new support issues. There is no perfect solution. Also for the next updates i suppose i'll add /q /norestart and have VCRedist install silently just like the installer does.

Edited by NiranV Dean

27 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

An installer that brings its own set of new support issues. There is no perfect solution. Also for the next updates i suppose i'll add /q /norestart and have VCRedist install silently just like the installer does.

I can honestly say that our installer creates zero support issues for is. No one is pestering us asking "how do I install / update" on every forum they can find .. over and over.

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I can honestly say that our installer creates zero support issues for is. No one is pestering us asking "how do I install / update" on every forum they can find .. over and over.

Congrats, you have users that don't ask the obvious.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.