Western Outfit Problem for my Avater

PMoore11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. So I have had a problem getting clothes for my avatar in Second Life from the Marketplace. After I bought some western outfits or a double rider horse attachment, I clicked the perched items in my inventory, but came to find they were just floating pictures or adds for the items. So I had to delete them and waste my money. So I was wondering how I can know if I can get actual clothes for my avatar. Please let me know how. Thanks.

-PMoore11  

Ok. Because I already deleted them from my inventory. I can't get them back. I probably wasted $15 USD dollars worth. It didn't say anything about a box when I read the details for each item when I got them from the marketplace. I just need to know what to tell if it's an add or the actual clothes for my avatar.  They turned out to just be floating pictures of the items on my avatar and not clothes or the attachment for my horse for two people to ride it.

Edited by PMoore11

You can go to  your order history page and get a re-delivery, more than likely you had to rezz the item, right click the item, the pie menu shows up select open, a pop up will show you to  copy items to your inventory, that is how they did it in the earlier years and some creators still use manually open boxes

It means the things you're buying are all inside a prim box. You'll have to rez it somewhere and then open (from its right-click menu) it to move the items to a folder in your inventory.

It may be that the box is set to automatically unpack itself when you click it, which is also handy if you can't find somewhere to rez it: you can just wear it and click it. And some boxes are made to automatically unpack themselves when you do wear them.

You should be able to find somewhere to rez the box if you use search to find a "rez zone". Many of the Linden water regions have rez zones where people rez their boats and these are suitable for unpacking boxes.

Slightly more involved, if you can't get to a rez zone, is to wear the box, right-click it, and select edit. Go to the Contents tab of the edit window. You can then select and drag the items in the box to a pre-prepared folder in your inventory.

Just don't ask why merchants put people to all this hassle when it's just as simple for them to have the goods delivered to their own sub-folder in the Received Items folder in your inventory.

19 hours ago, PMoore11 said:

Ok. I'll try that. But I think I deleted them and might have to reorder the same items. Thanks for your help.

Go to the web page https://marketplace.secondlife.com/order  - and login.

Your order view will show, what you bought on the marketplace - to my knowledge you cannot delete this list.

Under the description of the item on list you find the link Redeliver item

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.