Notecards

OvOwl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How many Notecards can you get before they are capped? Are Notecards separate from Instant Messages?

I was told when Instant Messages are capped Notecards are also included with Instant Message cap and that they wouldn't get my Notecard anyway. Is that true?

• Like 1

I believe offline inventory offers are limited to the same limit as offline messages. That being 25 for basic accounts, and 50 for premium. So say your call is 25,you get a IM and a notecard, your cap will now be 23.

The most reliable way to make sure you get all offline messages is to enable offline messages to email, which you can do from viewer preferences. In preferences, go to the "Chat" tab, check "Email me IMs when I'm offline", then click OK or Apply.

Here is a picture of the setting:

image.png.4086256a5c7bd709bb7be1475dbe755e.png

Edited by Chaser Zaks
Official viewer screenshot
  • Like 1

• Moles
10 minutes ago, OvOwl said:

My main concern is the Notecards because I was told if the resident's IMs are capped they will not be getting your notecard either. True or false?

According to the wiki, the limit for IMs and inventory offers (combined) is 15 for regular members and 80 for premium members.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits

However, since you're particularly concerned about notecards, you will be pleased to see that 

If autoAcceptNewInventory (debug setting) is set to TRUE (the default is FALSE), then all inventory offers, even above 15 (or 80 in the case of Premium members), go directly to inventory and do not count against the cap on offline messages.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits

So it looks as if you can allay your concern about not receiving notecards simply by switching that debug setting to TRUE (if you use Firestorm, I'm pretty sure you can do it from the Preferences tabs, too).

• Thanks 4

YAY, thanks, that answered my question. Wasn't for me I rarely get any IMs or notecards. I sent a notecard per instructed 2 times and never got a reply. So it's NOT true the notecards go directly to their inventory anyway. Odd I'm not getting a reply. =/ 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.