llSitOnLink and Experience Animation

Sari6t

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A friend of mine and I have been trying, with out success, to create something that seems easy enough.  Using an SL EXPERIENCE on our region a person collides with an object, say a floor tile, that in turn attaches a, for lack of a better term , pose ball, that has an animation inside. The person has fun with the animation and when they are done they click stand and thats that. 

Getting the Experience to run is not problem, attaching is no problem, but there is something that  we are missing or simply don't know when it comes to that attachment being recognized as such or having it run the animation. So is it even possible ?  

Yes, it's very possible.  Remember that it has to be done in two steps.  First you attach the object and THEN you animate. so schematically....

collision_start (integer num)
{
    mode = 0;
     RequestExperiencePermissions()
}

experience_permissions(key av)
{
    if (mode == 0)
    {
        llAttachToAvatarTemp (  ..... );
   }
    else if (mode == 1)
    {
        llStartAnimation( ....);
    }
}

attached( key id)
{
    if (id)
    {
        mode = 1;
        llRequestExperiencePermissions( ....)
    }
}

See the examples in the wiki for llAttachToAvatarTemp

Awesome...ty I got it working. Was easy once I knew it was possible and your schematic helped me think it through a little better. The only thing thats left is how do I make the STAND button appear to detach the object. The object itself isn't something you can click to detach. If thats not possible then maybe some command line /1 stop type thing. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.