SLVoice not working.

Zemni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Good morning everyone!

For the past week, I've been trying to get my SLVoice to work.  Now before you ask me if I've gone through the FSHelp and the Wikis, I have.  I even did a clean install.  I went and made exception on my Firewall.  I changed my settings in Firestorm.  So, here's the issue... I have the gray dot to speak.  I can see anyone speaking, but I cannot hear them!  I can hear everything else in SL... the gestures, the music, etc.  Just not when people are talking.  I thought maybe it was an issue with my hardware so I logged in to discord.  My headphones work just fine!  I just am unsure what to do at this point. I feel like I did most things I could find on google unless there is something I have missed.

TIA!
Zemni

1 answer to this question

Have you checked to see if there is at least one instance of slvoice.exe running?  Use Windows Task Manager for that.

Also, voice is a third party service.  And it does use some of your internet bandwidth.  You might try slightly reducing the Bandwidth setting in your Preferences to give it some room.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.