Help with a seam at the very base of where head meets neck

luckyorb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen/had similar problems before with other avatars. For awhile on other avies I just used necklaces to hide the visible seam, and then I discovered neck fixes and stopped having to that that. But this is a bit different for me. This is a fully mesh avatar. The body and head are connected and put on with one click. If there's a neck fix out there for this kind of avatar then I'm not familiar with it, and because of the unusual position of the seem it would look really weird to weird to wear a necklace that high up.

Any help or suggestions? I understand there may not be a fix, and truthfully it doesn't bother me that badly because it's not too unsightly and it's easy for me to overlook it if I have to, but I would just like to fix it if possible. 

Picture attached, you might have to enlarge it to see what I'm talking about. 

Neck-seam.png

• Like 1

I'm seeing what looks like a slight gap between head and neck, rather than a skin mismatch. This is not fixable by anyone except the body creator, but you can cover it up:

Go to the MP and pick up these: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Apricot-Paws-SLUV-Neck-Fix-Freebie/14958878 It will work best if you are using Bakes on Mesh, if you're not, you'll have a skin mismatch which may or may not be visible. This item is intended for furries, because furry heads don't have built-in necks, but I tried it when I had the same issue on the RuthToo body, and it worked.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2020 at 4:29 AM, Matty Luminos said:

I'm seeing what looks like a slight gap between head and neck, rather than a skin mismatch. This is not fixable by anyone except the body creator, but you can cover it up:

Go to the MP and pick up these: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Apricot-Paws-SLUV-Neck-Fix-Freebie/14958878 It will work best if you are using Bakes on Mesh, if you're not, you'll have a skin mismatch which may or may not be visible. This item is intended for furries, because furry heads don't have built-in necks, but I tried it when I had the same issue on the RuthToo body, and it worked.  

Thank you! Your advice is exactly what I needed. I truly appreciate it. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.