Got Kicked off and lost alost 3,000 items from Inventory

ColonelHitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got kicked off of SL, and when I logged back in, all my clothes in inventory, AO's, textures, Pics, Animals, Huds were all gone!!! I tried clearing cache and inventory and relogging, to no avail!!! Curious though, I found alot of stuff in my trash folder???? I put a ticket into SL stating I think my account was compromised, do you think SL will be able to get my stuff back? I also had a big ticket item, a 5000 linden wedding ring set from JCNY in there and now its gone as well!!!

Thanks Everyone!

TP to Smith and logout from there and then clear your cache manually by going to:

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife
(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife and Local - SecondLife

Delete the contents of the folder and restart your computer.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

After your reboot, log back into Smith and when you get in just stay there under the water until your inventory has fully reloaded. You can open your inventory and type in the inventory search bar to prompt loading, but do not do anything else until it is done.

ColonelHitch wrote:

Hey PeeWee, thank you for the quick response, but what is Smith lol! I'm confused, could you elaborate a little on that?

Smith is the name of a sim, it is Linden owned and mostly water with no prims or textures, so in general things load faster there, especially if you stay near the landing point under the water with nothing to look at.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
when following PeeWees suggested folder delete, make sure to go to you avatars name(s) folder(s) and save all the chat logs that you care about.

then wehn you log in an go to the empty region, type something into the search bar  in inventory, which will cause the viewer to jumpt start on loading your inventory... it can take a few minutes depending on size

I just got a reply from this Angie character at LL, and she just took my suggestion on what I thought it was before I got input from people on here, and said "oh, there is nothing we can do" They took a couple of weeks to respond, and did nothing to look and see what had actually happened! I'm wondering if the could just send me a bridge? I have .13 currently, what if they sent a previous one?

Here is LL first response after almost 2 week wait!!! Can she tie her own shoes?

2011-05-24 12:34:47
AngieG Scout

Hi ColonelHitch,

Thank you for contacting us - I'm sorry for the delay.
I regret to advise that the news I have isn't good - we cannot restore deleted inventory items. If this person did indeed clear them from your inventory and then empty the trash, they're unrecoverable. Anything that was in the trash when you logged back in can be restored by you, by right-clicking on it and choosing Restore.

As actions taken while an account is compromised often can't be reversed, we strongly recommend taking precautions such as strong passwords, not using shared computers, and never sharing your password.

I'll pass the login information from May 14th on to the governance team so they can look into disciplinary actions if they can tie it to another individual or account.

Best,
Angie

Thank you everyone!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.