Question about Premium accounts and teir

Dorian Meredith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So as a premium account holder I get 1024 for free, I have another person that is going to join with me so I understand that we can both donate our teir to the group for a combined 2048 + 10% group bonus.

Now, if I rent a 4096 on mainland does that mean I only pay teir on 1840(ish ) since 2252(ish) should be free?

8 hours ago, Dorian Meredith said:

So as a premium account holder I get 1024 for free, I have another person that is going to join with me so I understand that we can both donate our teir to the group for a combined 2048 + 10% group bonus.

Now, if I rent a 4096 on mainland does that mean I only pay teir on 1840(ish ) since 2252(ish) should be free?

premium tier can't be applied to rentals
but
some landlords are willingly to give a small rebate to the rent if you donate it to their landgroups ( so they have to pay less tier)

if you mean you have bought mainland ( so not rent) you indeed can end in a lower tier level.

Think of tier as property tax, charged by the Linden government, once a month.  Tier is charged based on what was the highest "tax bracket" you were in that month -- even if you were only bopped into a higher tax bracket/tier level for one second.

So, if you and your friend are both donating, to your group, your 1024 m2 land allowances that are included as a perk of premium membership, you're right:  You'll be able to have up to 2252 m2 (give or take, the "donate land" feature can be a bit quirky) without having to pay additional tier.

Be careful how you buy the land, though.  I think there's a way to buy the land for your group from the get-go, but I've forgotten to do so a few times and bought the land for myself.  You guessed it:  That bopped me into a higher tier, which I got charged for that month, even though my personal tier went back down once the 10% thingy kicked in after the land was owned by the group.

Anyhow, yeah, if you buy a 4096 m2 mainland parcel -- and as Alvin stated, you aren't RENTING it, you are BUYING it and then Linden charges you not rent but rather more like a property tax in the form of tier (though some do indeed refer to this as renting from Linden) -- you'll need to cover that 4096 m2 somehow or you'll risk having the land seized by Linden for non-payment of tier.  With it being group land, you get that 10% thingy (and yes, it's called a "thingy", I Googled it to make sure), so you need roughly 3724 m2 donated to the group (4096 / 1.1).  With both of you just being premium, but not paying tier, that covers 2048 m2 (1024 * 2).  You've still got to come up with 1676 m2 to donate to the group.  The cheapest way to do this is to have one of you pay $13 USD per month for 2048 m2 worth of tier -- you and your friend can work out among yourselves as to who pays what, and if the other person buys some Lindens to pay you their half or whatever.  If one of you does 1024 m2 tier, and the other 512 m2 tier, yes, the overall cost is cheaper, but you'd still be shy of that 1676 m2.  So you have to pay for 2048 m2, even if you only need 1676 m2, as Linden doesn't have a "cost per m2" tier plan -- remember my analogy to tax brackets?  So, if you pay for that 2048 m2 each month, allocating 1676 m2 to the group, you'll have 372 m2 left.   You could then buy a parcel up to 368 m2 for yourself without going into the next tier level, or 400 m2 if the parcel is for the group with all your tier m2 donated to the group.  368 m2 instead of 372 m2 (and 400 m2 instead of 409 m2 for the group) is because parcels are measured in 16 m2 squares (4 m2 by 4 m2), which you can see if you click on some land and select the edit land feature.

I hope this helps lol

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
one little typo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.