Issues with the latest SpaceNavigator driver.

Wolfy Fielding

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since I've started working with the latest SpaceNavigator firmware, I've been unable to get SL using it properly.

If I create a profile for SecondLife using 3DMouse Mode, nothing happens at all, using the device causes no output what-so-ever.

If I use the Joystick Mode, I do get a reaction from SL, however as it's in joystick mode it only moves so far, then when I let go it moved back. Pretty useless.

The annoying thing is that these drivers make the SpaceNavigator much more useful for everything BUT SL.

The latest driver can be found here:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/index.php?id=231

If anyone has any idea how this can be configured, I'd be happy. Can't control my camera without the SN anymore, but the new drivers are far to good to give up just for SL.

2 answers to this question

I've been using the SN since a long time ago, but I haven't upgraded to the very latest driver. It is THE best technology buy I ever made. :) One thing I have noticed is that I can not create a separate profile for SL in the driver control panel. Nothing happens when I do. I have to use the default profile to get it to work. No big deal since I don't really use the SN for anything else.

Did you try to go back to a previous driver?

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.