Question about Legacy body and Genus heads

MelodyClone1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can anyone confirm if you're able to make your own cosmetic tattoos as well as specular/normal map appliers for Legacy body and Genus heads? I know Legacy body is locked down super tight which is really controversial but is there virtually no DIY support for it? I don't expect there to be a skin kit for it considering how locked down they are and BoM makes skin appliers obsolete anyways, but anyone with basic Photoshop skills can make something like a blush/eyeshadow or specular/normal map. I'm not able to find much info on Genus heads either considering the demo doesn't really provide much info on developer kits. That completely backwards server-based HUD that Legacy uses as well as TMP's shady history used to be a dealbreaker but I'm willing to overlook it if it has a basic level of DIY-support, but if it doesn't even have that then it's really difficult finding a reason to buy this body that costs 2x as much as competitors.

Edited by MelodyClone1

Wish I could help you on this but truth is I was wondering pretty much the same thing..  hope someone can shed some light on it.. And it is pretty sad when a creator locks down pretty much everything on their bodies,  it only decreases the interest in it, due to lack of options for things like tattoos and make up and such.  But surely they must realize that.

23 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

Wish I could help you on this but truth is I was wondering pretty much the same thing..  hope someone can shed some light on it.. And it is pretty sad when a creator locks down pretty much everything on their bodies,  it only decreases the interest in it, due to lack of options for things like tattoos and make up and such.  But surely they must realize that.

Unfortunately most people in SL are content with locked down systems like this and have zero interest (or simply don't have the technical capability) in any DIY customization or "truly" owning what you just spent 5000L on, they're fine with just buying whatever's fed to them. That's why Legacy's able to get away it. I have friends who are so tech-illiterate they don't even know how an applier works (other than attach + click on it), or how these "layers" work on bodies/faces, or how to do basic object editing (scale, tint, materials, removing/adding scripts, etc). I think some still use store-bought shapes because they have no idea how to edit a shape. I think Legacy's basically trying to be the "Apple" of SL, dumbing and locking everything down for the average idiot to use, and removing any inch of customization. Too bad there's no jailbreak for it.

Edited by MelodyClone1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.