Automating autohide (may be wrong group) [SOLVED]

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to write some script to return a Maitreya body to a fully displayed state, with all the alpha cuts off.  Does anyone know if (and how) this can be done?  I presume the HUD does it by sending some command on some channel, and these are 'trade secrets'.

Edited by anna2358

11 hours ago, Kardargo Adamczyk said:

you can find the Maitreya Alpha Auto-Hide kit for mesh clothing somewhere at their main-store, that should give you a starting point for your project.

good luck,

Dargs

I've had that for years.  It doesn't.  But thanks for the thought.

I'm trying to do something different from the things the autohide kit is designed for.  I'm trying to UN-hide, and it has no provision for that at all.  I have asked Maitreya, but they don't seem to want to understand.

What I'd really like is a way to do a man-in-the-middle on the channel/commands between the HUD and the body.  Alternatively Maitraya could publish their HUD API so that we could make proper automation.  I understand why they don't, mind.

Edit:  I have found a way to do what I want without scripting, so this is SOLVED.

Edited by anna2358
SOLVED

• 3 years later...

It would have been nice if Anna shared her solution to us!

For everybody who found this page in the search results, here is the solution that works with all clothes that use "Maitreya Alpha Auto-Hide V5.0.0.9".

• Wear the item to fix,
  • set the alphas in the Lara hud to your liking,
  • say in local chat: /95 part-of-itemname menu,
  • in the menu choose Get Alpha,
  • and then Finalize.

It is also possible to delete it. For details see the Maitreya help page at the end.
https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/alpha-auto-hide.html

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.