Windows 7 home prem/64 bit / Nvidia G force 405,,

Del Harrop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

Sorry to say no, many many many of us have tried and failed to get that router to work with SL and some super determined folk have gone so far as trying to get Netgear and SL techs to work together to figure out the problem.

You can save yourself a lot of time and frustration if you get a different router. If it is new you can hopefully exchange it and if it is supplied by your ISP, some such as Orange have sent alternate ones to people.

Sorry it wasn`t better news :(

• Like 1

Well after me getting that crappy Netgear one on the recommendation of a store tech, I have since been told that just any basic cheap router will work with SL, I was just lucky enough *cough* to have ended up with the one that doesn't LOLOL

I`ve since seen people with the Netgear Wireless N 130 Router WNR 1000v3 have the same problem, so I guess that one is the other one revamped, I would avoid replacing it with that one.

Greetings,

I have nividia Ge Force 9600M GT. Recently I hooked my lap top to a projector to make a presentation. After that when I logged into SL I started to recive a notice at the start telling me that my lap top contains a graphics card which SL does not recognize or have not been tested.... I have been directed in the same notice to go to me=>preference=>graphics.  I eventually reduced all parameters at the preferences to minimum, but unfortunately my viewer still gets stuck, to the point that the screen gets dark and white blank.... to dark again...This used to happen also before especially after teleports to sims......I use to think that was due to the external screen that I use. But no. even after I removed the external screen which I used for soem time, the problem continued...now with an added notice saying that SL does not recognize my graphics card. What should I do I am cluless at thsi point. This lap top (hp) approx 3 years old used to operate quite well with SL at the initial years of use. I will appreciate your help and suggestions.

Best regards.

Venus Rosen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.