Sign in to follow this  
LazarusSyndrome

REQ: Info on pure blender 2.8 rigging.

I'm trying my hardest to avoid avastar but there isn't a lot of information out there on ringing without it. I have had limited success using two cubes and joining them, then creating an armature and adding a bone, changing the bone names to the ones used in SL, and uploading.

However I ran into this strange issue where my mesh would change shape, size, and or orientation after you tick the animesh object button. This effect could be seen in the upload window when you tick weights as well. GIF Link

What am I missing?

This is a similar question to this thread here

Scroll down until you find my post. It explains what assumptions should be in use when not including avastar 

• Like 2

After reading this and other articles and some time experimenting I am still stuck.

I managed to fix the problem with the squishing (used a different skeleton) and uploading the model it came with worked however trying to remove the model and doing it with a cube for instance did not. I parented the cube to the armature with empty weights and manually painted the weight for a non attachment point bone. After testing in pose mode and confirming intended movement with the bone I oriented to the X+ and applied rotation and scale then I went to export using the blender options for rigged secondlife objects.

The result of which was during the upload window I did not have the option to check skin weights or joint positions.

2 hours ago, LazarusSyndrome said:

After reading this and other articles and some time experimenting I am still stuck.

I managed to fix the problem with the squishing (used a different skeleton) and uploading the model it came with worked however trying to remove the model and doing it with a cube for instance did not. I parented the cube to the armature with empty weights and manually painted the weight for a non attachment point bone. After testing in pose mode and confirming intended movement with the bone I oriented to the X+ and applied rotation and scale then I went to export using the blender options for rigged secondlife objects.

The result of which was during the upload window I did not have the option to check skin weights or joint positions.

Since this detail is missing from your description, perhaps the selection is important for a correct export from blender. Did you select both the mesh and the skeleton when exporting?

• Like 1