Not Getting Messages When Online

ItsTHC

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been having this problem for a long time but it's finally starting to really get on my nerves. I'll be having a conversation with someone in-world but sometimes I do not get one of their messages and when I log out and log back in another time I will get that one message as an offline message even though it was in a middle of an entire conversation and I got every other message right away. This throws me off because say you're doing a roleplay or talking about something and you miss one entire post that you never see and didn't know anything about. I'm not sure if these online-but-offline messages are something to do with Firestorm viewer or SecondLife itself but it's really annoying to login every day and have completely random messages from the middle of a conversation. Does anyone know anything about this or how to stop it? I was thinking about sending offline messages to my email and just checking my email constantly all day when I'm on SecondLife but that's a really annoying way to fix it.

TL;DR = Once in awhile I am getting a message stored as offline then I will not see it until I relog even though I am logged in and online.

Edited by ItsTHC

This is "chat lag" and yes, it is very annoying.  You most often see it in group chat with large groups; less often with nearby chat, and only very rarely with IMs.  Sometimes it's a problem with something in SL, but in that case it usually happens to everyone.  Since this seems to be a problem unique to you, I would suspect your internet connection.

First, do the usual things.  Power off and recycle your internet modem/gateway/router.  Use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to your local network, rather than using WiFi.  Run cleanup and optimization utilities on your PC.  If those don't help, here are some other things to look into: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.