Spawned Tortoise Sinks into Ground

Ajay McDowwll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope this is the correct forum for this.

I have a palm tree that spawns a tortoise which is supposed to crawl around the base and whisper sweet tortoise nothings while doing so.  It's cute, but unfortunately the tortoise kind of buries himself partway underground.

Considering that he appears to be a sulcata/ gopher tortoise hybrid, this isn't totally unreasonable (they're both burrowers), but I'm hopeful I can somehow tweak him to get him to rest more on our land's surface.  Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?  I'm posting here because I'm guessing it's a scripting issue, but ultimately I'm not really sure.  I'm more a consumer than a builder in SL, although I can manage some minor tweaks with the aid of concentration and Google.

Thank you for any information you all are able to offer.

Tortoises have minds of their own, so it's a fool's game to guess why that particular turtle wants to burrow.  If you have mod perms, you could try adjusting the position of his root prim or you could mess with his script to adjust hover height or whatever other factor controls his Z coordinate.  Without knowing how he's scripted, though, it's hard to tell you what to adjust.  This forum is a spot for scripters to share their own discoveries and disappointments, so it's perhaps too much to hope that we can guess what's wrong with something in a tortoise that you bought from someone else.

14 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Tortoises have minds of their own, so it's a fool's game to guess why that particular turtle wants to burrow.  If you have mod perms, you could try adjusting the position of his root prim or you could mess with his script to adjust hover height or whatever other factor controls his Z coordinate.  Without knowing how he's scripted, though, it's hard to tell you what to adjust.  This forum is a spot for scripters to share their own discoveries and disappointments, so it's perhaps too much to hope that we can guess what's wrong with something in a tortoise that you bought from someone else.

Fair enough, and actually what you said was quite helpful, as you've already given me some idea of where to look :)  Iif I can't get him to behave better (really, he's as obstinate as my RL tortoise), I'll try contacting the creator.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.