2019 Premium Member Question (Immediate Help Please)

Xonoa Silverweb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am still very confused and tried to look for the information before posting this question. I didn't see anything that helped.

* Downgrade Warning: If you choose to downgrade from Premium to a Basic membership, all Premium benefits will be lost, and re-upgrading to Premium at a later date will gain whatever premium membership benefits are in effect at the time the membership is upgraded. Original Premium benefits will not be restored.

It says premium benifits will be lost. I am assuming that means I don't get the free house, the weekly linden allowance yada yada yada.

Then is says That if I reupgrade at a later date I will gain whatever benifits are in effect at the time. And original premium benefits will not be restored???

What I think I know or understand: My benifits will stop completely until I start re upgrade again.
I need to know: When I reupgrade Will I get my weekly allowance and free linden house back?
What confuses me: Is original benefits what I got before?...the free home and weekly lindens. (and probably other stuff that I don't really care too  much about.)?

Because for some reason the way its worded is sounds a little confusing. If everyone else got it then I guess I'm just slow. But that wording is highly confusing to me to be frank.

I need to know soon because I will be downgrading in less than two days. in hopes to reupgrade later.

If you downgrade now, you lose your house and your stipend.

If you upgrade to premium again sometime later (in the week or month or year or decade) then you will begin to get your weekly stipend again as of the following Tuesday; and you will have the opportunity to claim a Linden Home (not the one you have right now, but whatever one is available then).

"Original benefits" are the benefits you currently enjoy right at this moment (and those benefits include access to the sandboxes, priority access to full regions during major events, whatever current gifts are available to Premium Account Subscribers, etc...).  The wording is because those benefits may or may not change in future and so whatever "original" benefits you enjoy today (i.e. your current specific home, your current specific gifts) might not be the same benefits that are available to you in the future when you upgrade again (i.e. a different home, different gifts).  

Is that what you wanted to know? 

The only premium benefit that is immediately lost when you start the downgrade process is the ability to own a linden home or own land on mainland - you won't be able to start the downgrade until you have abandoned/otherwise released or sold any linden home or mainland parcel or tier donation.  Other than that, the other benefits (weekly stipend, larger number of groups, live chat, etc) remain in place until your premium membership expiration date.

Once you start the downgrade process, if you change your mind before the actual expiration date, you will need to contact Live Chat to remove the pending downgrade.  After your premium membership expires, you can just use the normal process through the web dashboard to become premium again.

The part about "benefits that are in effect at the time" just means that if the premium benefit offering changes between when you downgrade or stop your premium membership and the time that you become premium again, the benefits that you will receive will be the benefits in effect at the time you return to premium status.

17 minutes ago, Clarrellae said:

If you downgrade now, you lose your house and your stipend.

If you upgrade to premium again sometime later (in the week or month or year or decade) then you will begin to get your weekly stipend again as of the following Tuesday; and you will have the opportunity to claim a Linden Home (not the one you have right now, but whatever one is available then).

"Original benefits" are the benefits you currently enjoy right at this moment (and those benefits include access to the sandboxes, priority access to full regions during major events, whatever current gifts are available to Premium Account Subscribers, etc...).  The wording is because those benefits may or may not change in future and so whatever "original" benefits you enjoy today (i.e. your current specific home, your current specific gifts) might not be the same benefits that are available to you in the future when you upgrade again (i.e. a different home, different gifts).  

Is that what you wanted to know? 

Yes this is what I needed to know! Thank you so much for your time. I appreciate it 100%! ^_^

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

The only premium benefit that is immediately lost when you start the downgrade process is the ability to own a linden home or own land on mainland - you won't be able to start the downgrade until you have abandoned/otherwise released or sold any linden home or mainland parcel or tier donation.  Other than that, the other benefits (weekly stipend, larger number of groups, live chat, etc) remain in place until your premium membership expiration date.

Once you start the downgrade process, if you change your mind before the actual expiration date, you will need to contact Live Chat to remove the pending downgrade.  After your premium membership expires, you can just use the normal process through the web dashboard to become premium again.

The part about "benefits that are in effect at the time" just means that if the premium benefit offering changes between when you downgrade or stop your premium membership and the time that you become premium again, the benefits that you will receive will be the benefits in effect at the time you return to premium status.

Thank you so very much for clarifying things!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.