Let's be friends!

Gothmiss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey! I've been on SL for quite some time now but I kinda have been on hiatus due to the fact that I have just been a bit busy and most of my old SL friends have just stopped getting online. I'm totally looking for some new friends to talk with and hang out with since I am apparently to shy or clueless on how to do it in game itself xD  I live in the U.S. and on EST zone so I am mostly on during the night time during weekdays and random times during the weekend. Please feel free to IM me! I'm a super fun person. :D 

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

same as in RL ... talk to people

^ Seconds this. If you want to meet people you need to get out and mingle, but just like RL there's a few ways to go about that. It's not really rocket science though as a shy person it might feel that way. The best advice I could possibly give, and I speak from experience, is to find something you like doing (a hobby) and pursue that. What did you enjoy doing in SL before? What kinds of places do you normally hang out? Search those places and go visit! Do you like exploring, or riding horses, or taking photos, or listening to live bands, or frequenting sales events or...? Getting out and about will bring you into contact with more people than standing in one place waiting for people to talk to you. What also works is speaking in various groups, even if it's just as simple as wishing people good morning. Provoke conversation, compliment someone on their amazing style, ask for help in finding a place or landmark or article of clothing or hair style, anything to break the silence. It's hard when you're shy but that's why finding something you enjoy helps as it keeps you in your comfort zone to a degree so talking to strangers may appear less daunting. 

One thing I'll add here. Depending on how long you've been a member of SL and how long you've been away, you may perhaps notice that local chat isn't as vocal as it used to be. There seems to have been a push in recent times to move a lot of conversation to IMs, or group, or even in Discord, so don't be disheartened if you visit places that appear "dead".

I can't exactly help you in terms of making friends as our times don't align, but I do wish you the best of luck and hope you find what you're looking for. :D 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.