Own region with business name or mainland?

NeevaBecketEmagan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know, silly question, but it came to me while I was traveling mainland road: what is the best for a business, a private region with business name, or a mainland region, no matter it's name?

Do the region name matters a lot or is the quality of the content offered that counts?

I have now 1/4 of a private sim, but it is starting to be limited. I want to stay there with house and private "sandbox", but move stores to it's own region. Private region is a bit expensive for me now, so, I was thinking about trying to get a mainland region (yes, I'm premium). And since I'm creating wearable dragons, horses, and UFOs for people walk around, having an inviting road in the front of the land would be nice.

Any suggestions on what to do?

You can rent a homestead for $6000 to $7000 ish a week. That gives you full control and plenty of roaming land. At least one land company will let you rename to your brand  -- maybe others (renaming fee applies).   while I have lived on mainland most of my virtual life, I really can't see that "I" would buy a mainland sim.  Mainland is cheaper in most respects but you always have those nasty neighbor issues  -- or better said "often" have. 

I think people will buy good quality good wherever the shop -- and certainly there are tons of folks that ONLY shop on the Marketplace so for them it makes no difference at all.   A sim with your brand name is "impressive".  So I guess there is no perfect answer here. It all depends on how YOU look at things and what you are after.

I really totally forgot the "fine" neighbor in mainland.

Homestead don't fit because sometimes my stores hit more than 20 avatars at same time and 5K prims isn't enough (and will be more when I finish my RP project). Most of my products are games and breedables, so people like to see them "live".

I'll ask some of the land companies if they do renaming of the sim, because of the "impressive" factor. If not, I'll try to buy a sim from someone (that accept payment in Lindens, of course).

Edited by NeevaBecketEmagan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.