AMD Ryzen 3 SL performance?

DorianaCele

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

AMD Ryzen 2700x @ Asus RogStrix, Corsair 3200, ATI GTX 1660ti - fps depends on sim and traffic, but almost happy. I am around 30 - 150 fps, but barely less than 30. Anyway, a good boost in comparison to my other AMD FX with Ballistixs and GTX 780 :) I am thinking about a GTX 2080ti or such, but I am sure that I do not need it for SL. At my homestead I have 30 fps min - and I am wellknown as the prim-princess. Oh, and I am on ultra and photo realistic settings.

Ryzen 2700 @ 4200

Edited by CaytlinMaria

Wow that is so impressive. I am with an i9-9900k with MSI z-390 ace, 32 GB corsair 3000, Samsung 970 pro SSD and RTX 2080. When I do not turn shadows on my FPS is around 30 to 80, it rarely exceeds 80. And when I turn on shadows for taking photos my FPS will be dropped between 10 to 40 most of  the time. I do always live with many meshes though. So I can only expect that the new Ryzen 3000+ series will perform even better than 2700x? 

I don't think upgrading your machine is a must for second life. Comparing with your machines, mine look like Dark Ages of computers ( i3 7100, 3.9Ghz,  8 gb ram and 2gb video on some gt  730) i get usually 100 + fps at home and no less than 20 in crowdy places. but i have a good net line and that must be the "secret"

From Firestorm help pages: "One aspect of SL that is often underestimated is the importance of your network bandwidth setting. Having this too high or too low can lead to all kinds of problems, from simple TP failure to being disconnected - among other things. So it is advisable to not rely on the bandwidth stated by your provider, but to check for yourself.

SpeedTest will give some indication of the quality of your connection. But another very useful indication is ping and packet loss.You can determine these from within the viewer by accessing the statistics bar (press Shift-Ctrl-1). Look for Packet Loss and Ping SIM. Ideally, these should be 0.0% and under 150ms, respectively. The stats bar gives data based on your present location in the SL grid.1)Why the location matters. Second Life has data centers in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. This is why you need to select that city when measuring your bandwidth. If you live far away and do the default test, it will be to a city close to you, which will not give a good indication of your connection to Second Life servers.2)NOTE: The city recommended is not exactly where SL has servers, but is close enough to serve as a guide in determining a good value for bandwidth."

net speed.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.