Uploading differently from Beta Grid to Main Grid

Polyester Partridge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been uploading rigged mesh for years now and never ran into this issue. For whatever reason when I upload this rigged hand chain in the beta grid, it looks great. When i upload the same file to the main grid, using the same process and wearing the same mesh body, it's off. I've tried re-attaching it to the skeleton and re-uploading it several time.

Anyone ever experience this and was able to fix it?

betagrid.png

It's a linkset in the beta grid, I tried uploading it as both a linkset and  it in 3 separate pieces in the main grid with the same result. Each piece has one face. 

Vertices Triangles
bottom 17861 30640
top 7460  12780 
gems 5900 10856

Edit: It uploaded and fits fine with my Maitreya and Slink Dynamic versions, just having this issue with Belleza. 

Edited by Polyester Partridge

Another thing to consider is the in-world height you are viewing the mesh at.

Nearly all mesh attachments will deform to an extent the higher your altitude in-world.
I first noticed this phenomenon on a mesh head but later observed it with other attachments as well.
So if you are viewing the mesh in a sandbox in Aditi, you likely are at 21m which would be ground level in a flat sandbox and your mesh will look great, but when you import it into SL and view it on your build pad/skybox at 2,000 meters or higher, you may see deformations, so make sure you view your mesh at about the same height in both grids for a proper comparison.

I'd wager that the problem is more than likely that this is a 50Ktri bracelet (more than twice as much as some mesh bodies) on an area the size of a cigarette case.

The beta grid might be handling uploads and mesh compression a bit differently than the main grid, there is no real way to know as it isn't really designed for that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.