region entering and rezzing permissions - bypassing

Nexus Avon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys and gals,

We - a group of students working on an SL project  - have a problem.

Can we get the rez restricted and regular restricted/banned regions without entering them or crashing into them. We are trying to get the coordinates of all regions in a continent to create a path creation thingie and we need the coordinates for all regions. So far, we have a vehicle that we ride around and when we enter a new region, it sends the coordinates and the region's name to our database. We use these data to create paths.

Basically, we need to somehow know which regions are closed before entering them. The reason we need to know which regions are rez restricted is that, we will not always stroll around and get data manually. Ideally, we would rez prims that report the traffic data and coordinates for all regions in a continent. But since we can't rez there, we can't...

Any ideas, suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance,

and here's our project blog:

http://sltourismhub.wordpress.com/

You can!
Look up llGetParcelFlags in the Wiki

Here is something I've used myself(in principle):

inverse_mask = PARCEL_FLAG_ALLOW_SCRIPTS | PARCEL_FLAG_ALLOW_CREATE_OBJECTS;select_mask = inverse_mask | PARCEL_FLAG_USE_ACCESS_GROUP | PARCEL_FLAG_USE_ACCESS_LIST;if ( !((llGetParcelFlags( region_coord ) ^ inverse_mask) & select_mask)) land_ok();

land_ok() will execute if the land at region_coord is public, allow scripting and create objects

Edit: sorry I didn't grasp the scale of it:smileysurprised:
I am talking about parcels in a region but you want regions in a continent
Try to look at llGetRegionFlags

Just a little thing to add.

To keep the informations about other sims updated, you need rezz rights AND the right to keep ur "probe", scripted device, on the sims.

I don´t know any way to get this information from outside a sim but i´m no SL god :smileywink:

Oups, we got new emos on here ? 

I'm not understanding quite what you're trying to do here.  Getting the names of all the regions in a continent is not that difficult (see the Region_name_from_global_coordinates cap ) as long as you don't have to visit them for some other reason.  Because you're also trying to plot paths, however, maybe you also need to visit them.

Note that if you're hitting that from within a script, you'll need to be careful about pacing the calls to llHTTPRequest(), which are throttled to about one per second.  (I notice on the wordpress site that you're having problems with "http request script does not work while we are flying above 50 meters" which doesn't sound right; instead it may be the effect of that throttle.)

Anyway, if it's not clear from the other responses, the relevant land restrictions are set per parcel, not for a whole region (although there are some single-parcel regions, I suppose).  The thing is, these settings change all the time, as does the layout of parcels within regions, so mapping these a priori is kind of a lost cause.  Instead, the path finding through the maze would need to be done in real time... and, of course, it is very possible to encounter a destination surrounded by restricted land, for which you really "can't get there from here."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.