Animating without altering the whole avatar's shape

Blosky Barnes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I'm using Avastar and trying to make an animation where the skeleton's location changes (the avatar takes a step forward and then back), and on top of that, a few specific bones also get dislocated from their natural places. I have gotten this to work, but the problem is, it changes ALL of the bone positions to match the ones in the animation, so the whole body changes shape. I want any avatar to be able to use this animation without that happening. So far it looks like I need to use .anim format, and I need to have "With Bone translation" checked, but clearly there's something I'm doing wrong. How can I make this work the way I want it to?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 4:06 AM, Blosky Barnes said:

So far it looks like I need to use .anim format, and I need to have "With Bone translation" checked, but clearly there's something I'm doing wrong. How can I make this work the way I want it to?

Using .anim format, just make sure to have keyframes set ONLY on the bones that need animation.

If you want to do so with BVH, you're out of luck: there's a bug misbehavior in the uploader that sets all joints positions in an animation on all joints regardless whethere they have animation applied or not.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.