Why can't I log in under any account or access the SL website?

Zenptiness

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was playing Linden Realms, got stuck in quicksand and hit the back arrow. The viewer froze, SL logged me out and ever since I cannot login under any of my accounts with either Firestorm or the SL viewer nor can I access the SL website which includes the support site from either Chrome or IE. All the rest of my internet works perfectly. SL isn't blocked in Windows Defender. It would seem SL has blocked my entire IP range not just a single address as I've tried my wireless and wired connections each of which have its own IP address and I get the same result with both.

5 answers to this question

Just now, Jules Catlyn said:

If LL blocked you, the website or the viewer would display a message that your account has been put on hold or something.

Ok, thanks. I just called my ISP. Tech support recording said they are experiencing problems with certain websites in my area.

2 hours ago, Zenptiness said:

Ok, thanks. I just called my ISP. Tech support recording said they are experiencing problems with certain websites in my area.

I've posted about this elsewhere on the forum too, because if anyone else is like me, they've scoured the web the past 24 hours for answers to this!

Do you have Spectrum? I have had the same problem since about 5pm yesterday. I spent hours troubleshooting, even submitted an SL support ticket (no response yet on that), and finally contacted Spectrum today.

Here's the response I got from Spectrum : "I do apologize for the inconvenience, but there is currently a known issue we've encountered regarding some game servers and certain websites, but our engineers are engaged and working diligently to resolve this as quickly as possible. We do appreciate your patience and understanding."

I did some research (entered this same response into Google) and came upon this at Elder Scroll's (another online game) forum: it's a "problem in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona ..." Yikes. I hope they resolve this soon. Especially when "Multiple customers are experiencing this issue." (Spectrum quote)

We all have important things to do inworld, right? I've got starving breedables, Lol. Poor little horsies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neo Griswold said:

I've posted about this elsewhere on the forum too, because if anyone else is like me, they've scoured the web the past 24 hours for answers to this!

Do you have Spectrum? I have had the same problem since about 5pm yesterday. I spent hours troubleshooting, even submitted an SL support ticket (no response yet on that), and finally contacted Spectrum today.

Here's the response I got from Spectrum : "I do apologize for the inconvenience, but there is currently a known issue we've encountered regarding some game servers and certain websites, but our engineers are engaged and working diligently to resolve this as quickly as possible. We do appreciate your patience and understanding."

I did some research (entered this same response into Google) and came upon this at Elder Scroll's (another online game) forum: it's a "problem in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona ..." Yikes. I hope they resolve this soon. Especially when "Multiple customers are experiencing this issue." (Spectrum quote)

We all have important things to do inworld, right? I've got starving breedables, Lol. Poor little horsies.

Yes, I have Spectrum in NorCal. I can get on SL now. I assume they've fixed it for everyone. In the meantime I watched hours of a guy play The Forest on YouTube. That's a cool game!

P.S. I don't know how you launched a support ticket. I couldn't login to any SL pages.

Edited by Zenptiness
additional comment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.