Teleporting Animation

DarkEmperor13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It depends on how you trigger the teleport.  For example, you could create a simple HUD that offers you a menu of teleport destinations ( like a tour guide, maybe) and then trigger llMapDestination or -- better yet, llTeleportAgent -- to teleport you to the selected destination.  If you do that, then it's certainly possible to script the HUD to trigger and animation, a particle show, and a sound before you teleport.  If I remember correctly, there was a map teleport system at the SL birthday event last year that did something like that. Not a HUD, but something similar. Maybe they'll have something like that when SL16B opens in a couple of weeks.

oh, certainly. i never really see anyone use them, or maybe i'm not going to the right places, but teleport effects have been around for a while. from what i understand, they are triggered before and after the teleport

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=teleport+effect

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.