Dance Loop

MissEmily23

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the region I have land, I had a freebie dance ball I rezz and danced to for a little while. I got done stopped my animation and when did something else. My problem is now every time I come back to my region I start dancing again. I click "Stop animation" and it stops for a short time (3 to 5 minutes) and I start dancing again.

I thought maybe something was on me and did the test Avatar, with none of my stuff on me that avatar started dancing as well. I deleted the dance ball and purged it from my trash and still dance. This has been going on for 3 weeks and is annoying. It only happens to me and in my region not just on my land, I go other places and I'm fine.

It's as if there is a hidden dance ball buried in the ground and won't turn off, and I don't know how to find it if it is.

I'm stuck in a loop I can't get out of. Help?

Um, maybe you might need to purge the whole SL install and reinstall? I mean, you might have to ask about what folders because I can't remember which one they are lol. But, you uninstall Sl client and then maybe delete some folders that are linked to SL viewer. After that, ge the latest viewer and install it.

Are you using a Third Party viewer? Some allow others to control your avatar for many reasons, and this might be the issue. If you don't desire this control then simply install the standard SL version!

Now, there is a possabillity your PC is compromised and someone switched your default stand animation. So, I mean...you viewer is calling for a dance animation when it would normally ask for a stand, walk or fidget animation! This is a bit unlikely, but this is sort of all I can think off unless you had never tried a stop all animations device and used the viewers menu functions to stop animations.

If you can find the object, maybe you can Mute it? Um, you might want to try turning script beacons on finding all scripted objects and also find info about debug settings. These will maybe lead you to figuring out which device is doing this.

It could obviously be a weird bug, so maybe a Jira search will help?

Hello Emily. Did you try to clear your cache?

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

(Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Local \Secondlife

Delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.