I need a script to make an object clickable to only one Avatar

ChrisJudge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

given that you have no scripting knowledge at all then this is going to be a bit of a learning curve for you

is pretty simple for us on here to tell you to look up on the wiki: touch_start event and llDetectedKey() function

or to get you started, to post a script snippet that shows how  these are used to at least Say in chat who touched the object, and then how to compare the key of the avatar that touched the object to the key of the avatar you want to check for. What we can't really do is write for you, what you want to happen after this

if you just need a script to do something you want, then might be simpler to post in the Wanted forum on here and somebody will make it for you. Might cost you some L$, might not either depending on who replies

if you want to get into learning how to script then there are a number of places in SL that hold classes for script beginners. Use the inworld search to find them

i can post on here the script snippet if you like (just say so if so) but I am not sure how useful it will be to you, without you then putting in a bit of time to learn what else you will have to do yourself, to get it to do what you want 

Edited by Mollymews
of
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

given that you have no scripting knowledge at all then this is going to be a bit of a learning curve for you

is pretty simple for us on here to tell you to look up on the wiki: touch_start event and llDetectedKey() function

or to get you started, to post a script snippet that shows how  these are used to at least Say in chat who touched the object, and then how to compare the key of the avatar that touched the object to the key of the avatar you want to check for. What we can't really do is write for you, what you want to happen after this

if you just need a script to do something you want, then might be simpler to post in the Wanted forum on here and somebody will make it for you. Might cost you some L$, might not either depending on who replies

if you want to get into learning how to script then there are a number of places in SL that hold classes for script beginners. Use the inworld search to find them

i can post on here the script snippet if you like (just say so if so) but I am not sure how useful it will be to you, without you then putting in a bit of time to learn what else you will have to do yourself, to get it to do what you want 

I'm really not sure how useful it would be myself.  What i have done is used a full perm spanker script to make something similar... but I would like to know if there is a way to make it so that only a certain avatar can touch it.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.