Sign in to follow this  
Marchesa Isenia

Can I rate an item on the marketplace without giving a review?

Question

I just tested and you are correct, I got 2 errors, no text in title and no text in body.

I agree the old system was better, I don`t mind rating stuff, but I don`t really have anything to say unless they are really good or really bad.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

I just tested and you are correct, I got 2 errors, no text in title and no text in body.

I agree the old system was better, I don`t mind rating stuff, but I don`t really have anything to say unless they are really good or really bad.

• Like 1

Marchesa Isenia wrote:

I see star ratings without any text reviews-
are those only imports from the old system?
Seems a shame you have to do the whole shebang just to leave a star rating in the new system.

Has anyone seen this? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

yes, they are imports from xstreet. you're not doing anything wrong.

as both a merchant and a shopper i can see pros and cons with the new system. i have found myself leaving way less reviews (or, ratings) and i am not the only one. but a way to do it could perhaps be to fill the title and body with the star rating you'd give? nothing more, nothing less. not an optimal solution, perhaps, and i am sure some merchants would frown upon this, but the alternative is no rating at all. at least this way you as a shopper are still voicing your opinion.

• Like 1

I'm a Seller And Shopper too. And I miss the option to leave just stars without thinking about reviews. I don't have the time to think what to write so on the new marketplace I leave my stars with a "." in title and body.

I guess this is better than no rating.