Can I rate an item on the marketplace without giving a review?

Marchesa Isenia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't have the time to give a full review of every product I buy. I make sure to give a full review to products I am particularly impressed by, and a warning if a product doesn't match expectations given by their marketplace description. But most of the time if a product just met my expectations without being particularly great or particularly bad, I'd prefer just to leave a star rating and not go into anything deeper.

The old xstreet allowed you to put star ratings on a product without writing a text review. I haven't done ratings in a long time and thought I should probably go back into my order history and get some done. But it seems now, you can't give a star rating without a full review. I put in the star rating and hit 'post review', but it won't let me unless I've put a title and content into the other spaces.

I see star ratings without any text reviews- are those only imports from the old system? Seems a shame you have to do the whole shebang just to leave a star rating in the new system.

Has anyone seen this? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

3 answers to this question

Marchesa Isenia wrote:

I see star ratings without any text reviews-
are those only imports from the old system?
Seems a shame you have to do the whole shebang just to leave a star rating in the new system.

Has anyone seen this? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

yes, they are imports from xstreet. you're not doing anything wrong.

as both a merchant and a shopper i can see pros and cons with the new system. i have found myself leaving way less reviews (or, ratings) and i am not the only one. but a way to do it could perhaps be to fill the title and body with the star rating you'd give? nothing more, nothing less. not an optimal solution, perhaps, and i am sure some merchants would frown upon this, but the alternative is no rating at all. at least this way you as a shopper are still voicing your opinion.

• Like 1

I'm a Seller And Shopper too. And I miss the option to leave just stars without thinking about reviews. I don't have the time to think what to write so on the new marketplace I leave my stars with a "." in title and body.

I guess this is better than no rating.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.