RedZone - Is It Illegal in sl?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have had friends who have been accused of being an alt when i know quite frankly they are not an alt... the person accusing my friend claims to be using something called RedZone or whatever it is...

I was wondering is this illegal on SL and should be reported for using?

Thanks

Trace Fireguard

I thought RedZone was pulled from the grid? In any case, sharing alternate account names without consent is against the Community Standards. I suppose as long as this person doesn't tell anyone else, they're not in violation. That's the way I read it, anyway.

Your friend(s) should just tell that person that RedZone is not an accurate alt detector, contrary to claims made by the creator.

1. Disclosure

Residents are entitled to a reasonable level of privacy with regard to their Second Life experience. Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed. Remotely monitoring conversations in Second Life, posting conversation logs, or sharing conversation logs without the participants' consent are all prohibited.

Yes, it is banned.   And I find it very difficult to believe that there's any copies on the grid still working  -- LL in general and Soft Linden in particular did a pretty thorough job of nuking the scripts for the damn thing.

No harm in ARing this person for harassment and disclosure of RL information, but I'm willing to bet he or she is just trying to intimidate your friends.   That seems to me far more likely than that LL missed any RZ installations.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.