Unusual account problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I been unable to get past Loading world on one of my accounts. Other accounts load fine. I was only able to get in by right clicking Firestorm on my desktop and choosing Run with graphics processor and I just chose the higher performance option instead of default. When I was loaded in, I found my avatar wearing strange clothing, even a old bling ring. The items I am wearing are also last owned by someone else besides me. I am not sure what to make of this or why my account was suddenly unable to be accessed otherwise for some days. Has anyone had this similar experience and should I be worried? What could be wrong with my account suddenly?

Windows 10, Firestorm Animesh

What I did notice, is I accidently closed my browser the same time I was closing SL. Things lagged and seems after that, that account I was using got messed up. maybe something to do with that?

Messed up avatar_001.png

It's probably this bug

BUG-225655 - Viewer freezes while "Loading world..." - Intel HD 620 / Intel HD 630, Windows 10.

Launch the viewer with the intel graphics & at the login screen go to Help -> About Firestorm
Click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information here.

Whether the viewer will freeze or not depends on the bake textures the avatar is wearing, so it's quite possible to only have this problem with one account.

58 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

It's probably this bug

BUG-225655 - Viewer freezes while "Loading world..." - Intel HD 620 / Intel HD 630, Windows 10.

Launch the viewer with the intel graphics & at the login screen go to Help -> About Firestorm
Click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information here.

Whether the viewer will freeze or not depends on the bake textures the avatar is wearing, so it's quite possible to only have this problem with one account.

Firestorm 6.0.2 (56680) Feb  9 2019 18:55:39 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (2808 MHz)
Memory: 8072 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134.648)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 24.20.100.6344
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 24.20.100.6344

• Thanks 1

Yeah you're affected by that bug.

You have 2 options to work around it for now, the real fix needs to come from Intel.

• Switch over to using the 32bit version of Firestorm.  Only 64bit viewers are affected by this bug.
  • Roll back the Intel graphics driver to version 24.20.100.6025

It's been mentioned in other threads about this bug that there is a viewer-side bug fix in the current LL EEP-RC viewer.
However don't bother trying that, the fix doesn't work.
I filed a new JIRA issue for that: BUG-226624 - [EEP] The fix for SL-10081 doesn't work - viewer still freezes & doesn't recover

In your case, since you also have an Nvidia graphics card, just run the viewer with the Nvidia card & don't bother with any of the workarounds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Yeah you're affected by that bug.

You have 2 options to work around it for now, the real fix needs to come from Intel.

• Switch over to using the 32bit version of Firestorm.  Only 64bit viewers are affected by this bug.
  • Roll back the Intel graphics driver to version 24.20.100.6025

It's been mentioned in other threads about this bug that there is a viewer-side bug fix in the current LL EEP-RC viewer.
However don't bother trying that, the fix doesn't work.
I filed a new JIRA issue for that: BUG-226624 - [EEP] The fix for SL-10081 doesn't work - viewer still freezes & doesn't recover

In your case, since you also have an Nvidia graphics card, just run the viewer with the Nvidia card & don't bother with any of the workarounds.

Alright, thank you for your help🙂. I'm glad I at least got back inworld, I was very worried about my main account 😨

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.