Has anyone used the program Alchemy or at least tried it? Any tips?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is a fun program, I don't wish to dig for some things to upload right now and one image is no where neer a way to explain this program. it is sort of simple and basically it makes a mess! Well, actually it  doesn't BUT it excels at making a mess though! Good messyness and the next step is to see things in it OR you can simply start to draw shapes to form what you wish to see and get some sort of random lines. I feel as it it lends itself more to organic things or lines. BUT, the scale at which you are drawing/splurting/morphing/otherwise creating forms can influence what you can use it for. You can also simply use a simple line and the mirror modifier to quickly draw up shapes with mirrored lines of symetry, up to two.

Has anyone used this? Any thoughts or tips? I learned that the mirror features is pretty good and it helps to learn a few hotkeys to quickly keep things flowing. Aside from that, I am a n00b at this and I can't even remember the hotkeys I used lol.

I wish they would bring about more advanced lines of symetry control, but then again it is open so I sould basically dig into the code and try not to get lost! It is in java, for any programmers wishing to tinker. BUT, a great feauture for those who wish to control the libraries is...well, no coding needed. You can load up your own set of images, shapes or whatever in vector forma nd use those for the feature that randomly paints using shapes from a library. A few video's help to learn about this stuff, but you can sort of click on the interface and have fun and figure out. Hit the big X to delete the whole mess or unwanted art, start again!

Any tips on how to use this?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.