Avastar Pose Positions Getting Offset Inworld

EnCore Mayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

everything was going along just fine. x was x, y was y, and z was, as you may have already guessed, z. simple as pie. rotate a joint, or many, as the case demanded. maybe make an animation, or not. upload to SL as a .bvh play it and admire my handiwork.  everything worked lovingly. no problems.

and then one day i wanted to check the precise positioning for a new attachment for the feet so i made a new TPose from the avastar default positioning in Blender for a posestand rig and whoa, x was NOT x, y was NOT y, and heavens, z was NOT z anymore. what was once digital bliss was now a horrifyingly futile issue i've yet to resolve.

can anyone duplicate this situation? this is a serious deviation from the norm.

if your version of Avastar/Blender (i'm using Blender 2.79 and Avastar 2.4.16) has your avatar offset both in position and rotation we're in for a heap a trouble or i've set something wrong. for the life of me i can't figure out what i did or didn't do. i've installed a different version of Avastar, reinstalled 2.4.16, reinstalled Blender, even returned my entire OS to an earlier backup (Windows7). no luck.

it's not much of an offset, i can adjust in the poseball/prop's script but i'd rather trust the animation/pose joints going where they were placed in Blender (which appears normal, btw). so something is going wrong from Blender's .bvh getting corrupted or if that's fine, the SL upload is getting corrupted. i'll check the .bvh file from a known good TPose against one of the new bad ones and update this post. anyone else have any ideas as to what's gone wrong i'd love to hear them.

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2019 at 10:42 AM, OptimoMaximo said:

For quite a long time, the bvh exporter in Avastar was broke and somehow was fixed later on. So something in the evaluation script might be slightly borked. You may want to use .anim format, which is better in any aspect.

so, how do i import an .anim file into Blender/Avastar like i used to be able to do with .bvh?

• 2 months later...

in case someone else would be happy having an Official Linden statement on the issue:
-----------------------------------
Vir Linden commented on BUG-227146:
this is probably related to the bvh optimization pass. Because of the additional processing done on bvh files, there is no guarantee that bvh and anim will give completely identical results.

Edited by EnCore Mayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.