I lost access to an alternate account of me. Help?

Ulani Heron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I created an account in 2009 simply for pixie role play. The account has not been accessed in possibly over a year and today I discovered the password AND the email have been changed. I remember doing this but cannot for the LIFE of me remember the email account I connected it to. If there was a way I could verify myself or even find out the email address (as I remember all of the passwords I typically use but THIS one... I really did a number on myself with.) I would be very grateful.

3 answers to this question

Hi. Did your alt ever received emails notifications from groups or other residents? If you never deleted the email address associated to this alt, you may try checking ALL your different email accounts assuming you have several of them. If you can find a message sent to this avatar and you remember the password, you should be able to log back your alt.

If you remember the avatar name and the password associated with the account, log into your Dashboard for that account and look under Account > Contact Information.  The email that you use for that account will be at the top of the page.  You can keep it or change it on that page.

• Like 1

Login in with your other account and send an IM to your alt, then check all your email accounts to see where it arrives.

Once you have the email address you can change the password.

If that is unsuccessful, go to https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Do not login on any account & create a ticket in the category "SL Web Login Issues" - Give as much registration information from the account as possible, so that they know it is your account, for example your RL name, your DOB and if you can recall the secret question and answer that will help.

There is also a ticket category for "Reactivate an old account" but that is more for accounts that have been deleted or banned and there is a charge for to reactivating them so the login issue category would be more relevant to your problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.