Second Life Budget

Emuna Zamani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've always stuck to a budget in sl and rl both. I pay for a premium membership and my rent. That's it. I take advantage of nice freebies, dollarbies, hunts and sales. If I don't have money for something, I figure I don't need it. I don't make the most money and really have to watch finances like a hawk.

I don't think I've ever had anyone laugh at me when they realize this fact about me, but I've lost a friendship over it about a year and a half ago. I wasn't able to spend large amounts of linden on a regular basis at shopping events, etc. It stung at the time, but I had to realize it wasn't a real friendship if my budget was such an important thing for them. I would rather live within my means than try to impress imaginary millionaires in a virtual world.

I personally think keeping a budget in sl is extremely important because small purchases add up quickly. I may not have a private sim, the biggest house, the most fancy anything, but I'm happy with my sl and that is what counts.

• Like 1

Between 2007 and 2010/11 I had some business that covered my skybox and 3 shop' rents and even manage to cashout a small amount each month (+-30usd), then I was away for some years and now I return and with mesh, animesh, slink, bentos etc I don't have enough 3D skils to have decent apparel to sell so I decided to go premium and live with the stipend (only bought some extra lindens to buy a mainland parcel)... So I'm really on a budget but for now is more than enough since now i'm always by myself with no company lol

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.