Set of movement animations for animesh

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for a set of matching motion animations to give an animesh character good movement. Like these:

• Slow walk.
  • Fast walk.
  • Run.
  • Turning while walking, each way, without pelvis rotation. (The character itself rotates, so the animation doesn't have to.)
  • Turning in place, each way, without pelvis rotation. (Again, the character itself rotates, so the animation doesn't have to.)
  • Stands that look good but don't move the character very far from its base.

This is for a pathfinding character. Female for now. These animations all need to transition well, with good but fast ease-in and ease out. They will be switched dynamically as the character moves under pathfinding control. I'm doing the pathfinding character equivalent of an AO. These animations could probably be pulled from some existing AO, so I'm looking for suggestions.

I'm using some off the shelf animations now, but they don't match and the transitions don't look good.

8 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

If you haven't visited them, try Oracul (Kuso sim), they have lots of very fluid AO sets for cheap. (150-600L each AO, 10L per animation name and you get 1-5 height variants)

Those are good sets, with good transitions. The options of walking with feet apart and feet one in front of the other are useful; I should shift to the latter when turning. Got a good "Run" animation.  No transfer, though, so I can only use them for my own testing.

I'm looking for animations for left and right turns. Or even a walk-in-place animation. Those are rare. The Firestorm AO supports them, but most AO sets don't have them. There are a few on Marketplace, but they're part of special purpose sets (dom, sub, ninja), and the seller's shop in SL is a vacant lot.  I've found one walk in place anim I'm using for turns, but it's intended for log-rolling, and the arms are way out for balance.

I'm doing an "AO for animesh".It reacts to the pathfinding motion and starts the appropriate animation. This looks a lot better than just turning on a walk animation. Movement is more like avatar movement. Turns look much better when the animesh is walking in place, not striding, even with the log-rolling walk in place.

Avatars do a sort of walk in place when turning, Where does that animation come from? I'm not running an AO, other the Firestorm built in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.