Marketplace Release Notes: May 3, 2011

Brooke Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hmm, that's not my profile, my profile in in the viewer not a web page, that one is similar to my profile but it's not the same.

I'd still like to see the top sellers shown as the products in the result of the search when searching for a merchant.  What's the logic in showing non best sellers in the thumbnail results?  That's not sensible.  We want to promote what sells, not just randomly pick some products.

Please ask the dev team to engage with the stakeholders (that's us) to ask us what we want.  Thanks, it'd work well, trust me!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Brooke! The profiles are cool it is nice to have some extra abilities there to add depth to our inworld presence!

Looking forward to seeing more depth as I know the Linden team will develop this much further :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

I especially liked the option to add other social media like YouTube, Twitter & Flickr! Excited to see the future developments of this!

@Sassy: Agreed! This was much of the strength of Xstreet, it was nicely balanced to let the cream slowly rise to the top over time. The Marketplace seems much more random, all about the latest something someone uploaded 5 seconds ago.....

....or woohoo look at this random thing its only 1$L :matte-motes-impatient:

Not quite what I meant. 

When someone searches by creator or shop, the new search finds them better but then lists what appears to be 3 random thumbnails from that merchants shop.  USELESS... (in my opinion), show the customer the top selling products from that merchant, or better still, let us choose:-

"present top sellers in search order"

or

"present in random order"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.