Question about land rent

Jason916

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.at first please forgive my not very good english.

I have a question:I lived with my old friend at his land( he rented land), and he passed away because of tragic accident.I contacted land owner and told her that my friend will not be online anymore and she said she will clean the land after rent is over. And for now land is 2 days overdue,land still not on sale again and i m able to TP in.

So i thought  land became on sale again right after previous rent is over or how?

2 minutes ago, Jason916 said:

Hello.at first please forgive my not very good english.

I have a question:I lived with my old friend at his land( he rented land), and he passed away because of tragic accident.I contacted land owner and told her that my friend will not be online anymore and she said she will clean the land after rent is over. And for now land is 2 days overdue,land still not on sale again and i m able to TP in.

So i thought  land became on sale again right after previous rent is over or how?

First, I am sorry for your loss.  

The land owner may not have been around and had time to put the land back up for rent again yet because they may have been busy with real life because it's Christmas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

First, I am sorry for your loss.  

The land owner may not have been around and had time to put the land back up for rent again yet because they may have been busy with real life because it's Christmas. 

thank you for your support Cindy.

Land owner is very often online, and was online even on Christmas.But i understand that this land is not the only one and landowner can  be very busy. I was only a bit confused

1 minute ago, Jason916 said:

thank you for your support Cindy.

Land owner is very often online, and was online even on Christmas.But i understand that this land is not the only one and landowner can  be very busy. I was only a bit confused

Do you want to take over the land yourself?   If so don't wait for it to come up as obviously up for rent, you could ask the land owner directly.  Its also possible the land is advertised elsewhere  eg they have a rental office where parcels are displayed and so not obvious at parcel level that it is up for rent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Do you want to take over the land yourself?   If so don't wait for it to come up as obviously up for rent, you could ask the land owner directly.  Its also possible the land is advertised elsewhere  eg they have a rental office where parcels are displayed and so not obvious at parcel level that it is up for rent. 

No, i will choose another parcel  later i think.For right now land still have security and no one can enter exept white list residents in the land settings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jason916 said:

No, i will choose another parcel  later i think.For right now land still have security and no one can enter exept white list residents in the land settings.

Ah that sounds more like the owner hasn't had time to set it back up for rent yet.  Maybe they have a manager who looks after all that stuff.  

On 12/27/2018 at 2:10 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

Ah that sounds more like the owner hasn't had time to set it back up for rent yet.  Maybe they have a manager who looks after all that stuff.  

2 Hours ago land was finally cleaned and set on sale and i got my objects back. And as i planned ,i choose another parcel.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jason916 said:

2 Hours ago land was finally cleaned and set on sale and i got my objects back. And as i planned ,i choose another parcel.

ok sounds to me like;  the landowner didn't take your word that he had died.. why would she it's christmas he might not be online and you two might have fallen out and you could have been lying to her to get him kicked out his parcel  (I know this isn't true but the landowner doesn't)   She/he has waited for the rent to run out then given some days grace because maybe that is their policy for late payers.  Then when its clear nobody is coming to pay, they have cleaned up.   All sounds pretty normal to me.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.