What axis do you use on inventor for second life to read the model properly?

Maestro85

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so i have a friend who is using inventor to model and blender to convert it. however the problem is no matter how change the direction the gun turret is facing sl just keeps reading the z axis as the y axis. i really think linden labs needs to come out with a chart that tells you what programs read in what direction, cause sl keeps making the barrel face vertically on the z axis and the top keeps facing me when i use llLookAt(); on my script...

O///O well seems nobody has an answer i will have to contribute my own out of the box solution i just made on the fly. well seems how there is no spread sheet i could find on this subject matter i asked my friend to just make a simple cube in inventor, convert it on blender, and then color code it to x y and z as it appears after it's uploaded, i then instructed to hand me the resulting cube and drop the script in it, the theory here is the color codes will reveal what axis the barrel needs to face on the cad and as a bonus i will use the data from the experiment to type out a custom spread sheet telling what axis to use when uploading mesh models. problem solved.

8 hours ago, Maestro85 said:

O///O oh no answers yet? that means this topic is a doozie then...

After only a few minutes? At the time of day when the activity on the forum usually is at its lowest? You have to expect to wait a little bit longer than that. ?

Anyway, the x axis is the same for all 3D sofware as far as I know. But some use y as the vertical axis, some (like SL and Blender) z.

If the mesh goes through Blender anyway, it should be fairly simple to convert. In object mode, select model, click Ctrl+A and select Apply rotation.

Edited by ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.