Advanced Lighting Model texture issue.

Leah Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask this but I thought I might as well see.  So in the past I've never had any issues but recently I've noticed that the textures for my lips have been blurred quite heavily and aren't fully applying, at least from my view on my second account.  These two photos are from the same viewer, using the same lighting, after being fully rezzed on both and without moving.  The one that is loaded properly is from the view of the character and the one that isn't loading properly is from my second account.  It doesn't seem to matter if I wait a minute or an hour, or three, for whatever reason it's not showing up properly.  I've noticed in some sims it seems to be fine whereas others it doesn't and people seem to say they don't notice it so I'm assuming it's just something with my settings.

I'm using Firestorm but I've also tried using Black Dragon, I also tend to keep most of my settings either on High or Ultra with my Network settings decently high.

If anyone happens to know what might be causing this I would appreciate it because while everyone else has told me it's not an issue on their side I'm kind of OCD about stuff.

Thank you.

EDIT:  I've noticed this is being caused by "Advanced Lighting Model", however without it enabled characters don't seem to be properly lit so I'm not sure if there's a way to keep it enabled and fix this issue.  Thank you again.

EDIT:  After a few hours of research I found that apparently it had to do with "overlapping textures with partial transparency and alpha blending" - apparently my Catwa was had lipstick that I had set to transparent instead of clearing for my skin and when I reapplied my makeup at some point it caused the issue.  I hope this can help someone in the future!

blurrylips.PNG

lips.PNG

Edited by Leah Constantine
Fixed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 answer to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.