Does Always Allowed/Always Banned list do anything?

Jaysson Turbo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know if you turn on Ban Lines they do something. But in places where your not allowed to or in skyboxes that go out of Ban Line Ranges. Does the Always Allow or Always Banned list do anything? Most places security are managed by security orbs etc. And I know those have there own detection, white list and ban list etc. So I'm just wondering if I have to Check Mark everyone can visit is there a purpose to fill in Always Allowed or Always Banned? Thanks.

40 minutes ago, Jaysson Turbo said:

I know if you turn on Ban Lines they do something. But in places where your not allowed to or in skyboxes that go out of Ban Line Ranges. Does the Always Allow or Always Banned list do anything?

On mainland, in a skybox, "Always allowed", is pretty useless as the ban lines stop about 70-ish Metres over the water. So, for this reason, most people will use orbs to keep people out of their skybox. Or just do it manually.

"Always Banned" works, those lines go to as-good-as infinity for anyone on that list.

On a private estate "Always allowed" can be made to work. The estate owner has the option to make ban lines go almost to infinity (I do this) or make them like mainland.

Edited by Callum Meriman

Thanks actually very helpful. Thanks. I imagine on Private Estate the Owner can also limit the length of Always Banned lines if they really wanted. So I should test it out with one of my friends if I want to be sure what they set it to. Thanks. But I know Ban lines are not allowed here. But the Always Banned Lines are allowed if they work the way you describe. Thanks.

Points of clarification.

When you un-check "public access" in About Land>Access tab, you set up "general" banlines.  General banlines prohibit entry for everyone who is not the land owner, or a member of the designated group, or is on the Access list.  These banlines extend upward to 50m above the terrain.  (Because of the relatively low height limit, you can have fun with them.  Fly up above the limit, then turn off flight and fall onto them.  You'll bounce like a trampoline.)

When you ban a specific avatar by name (place them on the parcel's ban list), you set up "avatar specific" banlines.  These only affect the person(s) on your parcel ban list.  However, they extend up to 4096m above sea level.  This is also the absolute height limit for rezzing objects, so it prevents such unwanted individuals from creating stuff and littering your land and sky. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.