Tonic Fine clothing alpha

GabrielleMeadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone.  I have the Tonic Fine Beauty and love the shape I can create with it.  But... I do have a problem.  

I have a dress I bought from Meli Imako on Marketplace and the Tonic Fine version has a small problem.  My right upper buttox shows through the dress.  I know this is easy enough to fix with the alpha controls on the hud and have done so.  What I'd like to do is to add something to the dress that lets me tell it which alpha segments to turn on for it.  I know that Maitreya has such a thing but haven't been able to find it for Tonic Fine.  

Can someone help?

Thanks!  Gabbie

@GabrielleMeadow

In the Tonic main store there is an Auto-Alpha kit - go grab it, it's free. Very easy to use:

• Create a prim like a cube or a sphere - shrink it to tiny, make invisible
  • Add Auto-Hide script into it
  • Set alphas on HUD you want
  • Click the prim

Then take the prim and add it to that outfit. I recommend attaching it to an unused attachment point, like groin or something, then adjust it so it's inside the body.

NOTE: This option will not work if the clothing already has an auto-hide script in it.

Now if only Belleza would get with the program and make their auto-alpha script that easy to configure. No wonder creators are dropping Belleza. (Should probably start wearing my Tonic Fine again, I love that avie... Especially the Auto-Feet that adjust to flat, medium, or high just like auto-alpha does for clothes, except the butt is wonky for me. BUTT I have since learned (faux pun intended, see what I did there?) that it could be my shape object is corrupt, sooo.... :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2018 at 3:51 PM, Alyona Su said:

Now if only Belleza would get with the program and make their auto-alpha script that easy to configure. No wonder creators are dropping Belleza

Belleza auto-alpha is a piece of cake, you dont even need to have the body, or wear the body or hud to set it up, it comes with a nice handy  model you can rez that has all the alpha cuts on it, you just set those cuts (rez the clothing piece and overlay if needed), and then just touch the button to get the code, add code to a notecard, drag notecard & script to object contents, notecard auto deletes, and its ready to go

6 hours ago, HunniHope said:

Belleza auto-alpha is a piece of cake, you dont even need to have the body, or wear the body or hud to set it up, it comes with a nice handy  model you can rez that has all the alpha cuts on it, you just set those cuts (rez the clothing piece and overlay if needed), and then just touch the button to get the code, add code to a notecard, drag notecard & script to object contents, notecard auto deletes, and its ready to go

Yes, it's easy enough. I'm just saying it's a pain in the butt in comparison, Opening both reference textures, waiting for them to rez, making them big enough to read, finding the right alpha segments (which often requires wearing the body anyway) then in notecard having to find the right row, then counting the 1 and 0 to set them right and if you make a mistake you have to start over with the script configuration. Say three to five minutes to set up one auto-alpha.

The Tonic: Just set the alpha the way you want it with the HUD while previewing it, click the object with the script, done in 10 to 30 seconds. :)

Edited by Alyona Su

I dont think you have updated your auto alpha kit as Belleza is the same, but you do it on a rezzed body, not a worn one, and you can rez the clothing over the model, no need for reference images, and the model gives you everything you need for the notecard in a simple click, its just as quick as the others.  The Auto kit was updated when the bodies were updated to V5

1 hour ago, HunniHope said:

I dont think you have updated your auto alpha kit as Belleza is the same, but you do it on a rezzed body, not a worn one, and you can rez the clothing over the model, no need for reference images, and the model gives you everything you need for the notecard in a simple click, its just as quick as the others.  The Auto kit was updated when the bodies were updated to V5

A friend has the Jake - he says that mannequin is like 120 LI - I'll have a look-see. Thanks for letting me know!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.