Newbie: Animate an attached Prim

vh1 Boa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

i have a Prim attached on Avatar's Pelvis.

Now i want to animate it 'on touch' to come out like a tongue.

My version:

vector startPosition;
vector endPosition;
integer counti = 0;

default {

on_rez(integer a) {
      llResetScript();
    }

state_entry()    {
        startPosition =  llGetPos();
        endPosition = startPosition + <0.0,0.0,0.1>;
    }

touch_start(integer total_number) {
        if (counti==0) {
            llOwnerSay( "Up");
            counti = 1;
             llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_POSITION,endPosition]);
        } else {
            llOwnerSay( "Down");
            counti = 0;
            llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_POSITION,startPosition]);
        }
    }

It works fine if i rez it on Ground, but not as attachment.

So, whats the Problem?

Thank you

VH1

This should work for an attachment:

vector startPosition;vector endPosition;integer counti = 0;default {        on_rez(integer a) {      llResetScript();    }            state_entry()    {        startPosition =  llGetLocalPos();        endPosition = startPosition + <0.0,0.0,0.1>;    }    touch_start(integer total_number) {        if (counti==0) {             llOwnerSay( "Up");            counti = 1;             llSetPos(endPosition);        } else {             llOwnerSay( "Down");            counti = 0;            llSetPos(startPosition);        }    }}  

you need to reset it when it attaches =)

although my test with the same code showed something ridiculous... I had to make moves of 1.4m or more before the viewer would show it to me on V2... adding llSetText at the end of the touch cured it, but that shouldn't be happening (and it's not your code at fault)

Hi,

reset if attach seems to work for the "dissapearing".

But now happens: Nothing!

my code so far:

vector startPosition;vector endPosition;integer counti = 0;default {        on_rez(integer a) {      llResetScript();    }         attach(key id)    {              llResetScript();    }    state_entry()    {        startPosition =  llGetLocalPos();        endPosition = startPosition + <0.1,0.0,0.05>;    }    touch_start(integer total_number) {        if (counti==0) {             llOwnerSay( "Up");            counti = 1;            llSetPos( endPosition );          } else {             llOwnerSay( "Down");            counti = 0;            llSetPos( startPosition );          }    }}

I tried also

llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_POSITION,endPosition])

and

llMoveToTarget(endPosition,0.5)

Nothing works.

I hope theres a way to move this thing...

Thank you,

VH1

P.S.: ... dont work with <2,2,2> distance ...

Have you tried Voids llSetText trick?

vector startPosition;vector endPosition;integer counti = 0;default {        on_rez(integer a) {      llResetScript();    }         attach(key id)    {              llResetScript();    }    state_entry()    {        startPosition =  llGetLocalPos();        endPosition = startPosition + <0.1,0.0,0.1>;    }    touch_start(integer total_number) {        if (counti==0) {             llOwnerSay( "Up");            counti = 1;            llSetPos( endPosition );             llSetText(" ", <1,1,1>, 0);         } else {             llOwnerSay( "Down");            counti = 0;            llSetPos( startPosition );              llSetText("  ", <1,1,1>, 0);         }    }}

This works great for me.

llSetText may be too gentle to work all the time.  I sometimes have better luck changing the color of a prim face.  Try this version, which recolors face #1 .......

vector startPosition;vector endPosition;integer counti = 0;default {        attach(key a) {        if(a)        {          llResetScript();        }    }            state_entry()    {        startPosition =  llGetLocalPos();        endPosition = startPosition + <0.0,0.0,0.1>;    }    touch_start(integer total_number) {        llSetPos((vector)llList2String([startPosition,endPosition],counti= !counti));        llOwnerSay(llList2String(["In","Out"],counti));        llSetColor(<1.0,1.0,1.0>*counti,1);    }}  

yay an optimized version...

...and now to make everything relative, and not reset when in the up position:

integer gBooMoved;default {    touch_start( integer total_number ) {        llSetPos( llGetLocalPos() + llList2Vector( [<0.0, 0.0, -0.1>, <0.0, 0.0, 0.1>], (gBooMoved = !gBooMoved) ) );        llOwnerSay( llList2String( ["Down","Up"], gBooMoved ) );        llSetText( (string)gBooMoved, ZERO_VECTOR, 0.0 );        //llSetColor( <1.0,1.0,1.0> * gBooMoved,1 ); //--fails to show the first move if color is already white    }}

Hi,

yes, works great!

Thank you!

But: Little problem again:

If i set my Prim "Down" and detach it, this place is the new start place!

So it must return to the startPosition befor i take it of.

Is there an event BEFORE detach of a Prim?

i tried:

attach(key id) {              if(id) {            llResetScript();        } else {             llSetPos( startPosition );              llSetText(" ", <1,1,1>, 0);          }

without success.

Thank you

VH1

sure, add an attach event like in rolig's example, but instead of  a reset, check if gBooMoved is true and if it is call the same move code... at that point you might want to shift the move code to it's own function that you can call

it works because the prim no longer cares where it's at in the moment, it just moves up or down from where it's located at the moment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.