disable public chat

dk201

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All, I am writing a piece of script for a hud and an vendor. There is a small function that i want to implement and it is described as follow:

1) When HUD is attached, the avi cannot chat in public chat channel. I want to either replace his typing content with "XXXXX" or simply dont allow typing content to show in public chat. I can do this with RLV, but I am looking for a way to do it without RLV.

2) For those no-script area, is there a way to set-up an object with vendor script? I know CasperVend works even in a no-script sim, I just wonder how that happens.

Thanks in advance,

-DK

on 1).  Blocking and/or changing text is a viewer client side function. There is no way to do this with the LL standard viewer.  So it requires a RLV/RLVa enabled viewer or your own custom -built viewer coded for this purpose

on 2). A script in a rezzed object that is running prior to placement on a no-script parcel within 70 meters of the ground/terrain level, will continue to run provided that the script does not change state. Any script will run normally on a no-script parcel, when placed 70 meters above the terrain level

for a HUD script to continue running on a no-script parcel then the script needs to have taken controls permission: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlTakeControls

* is about 70 meters above the terrain - about the same distance that banlines operate up to

• Like 2

Thanks a lot! A lot of useful info

23 hours ago, ellestones said:

on 1).  Blocking and/or changing text is a viewer client side function. There is no way to do this with the LL standard viewer.  So it requires a RLV/RLVa enabled viewer or your own custom -built viewer coded for this purpose

on 2). A script in a rezzed object that is running prior to placement on a no-script parcel within 70 meters of the ground/terrain level, will continue to run provided that the script does not change state. Any script will run normally on a no-script parcel, when placed 70 meters above the terrain level

for a HUD script to continue running on a no-script parcel then the script needs to have taken controls permission: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlTakeControls

* is about 70 meters above the terrain - about the same distance that banlines operate up to

22 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

50 meters above no-script parcel terrain is where non-controls based scripts start working

75 meters above terrain is where no public access / buy pass lines end

5000 meters above terrain is where explicit banlines end

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.