I see myself normal but others see a different shape to my usual one when using the latest viewer

Carole Franizzi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Oddest thing. I see myself with my usual handmade shape and others see me wearing a small, skinny shape which looks a bit like the default one - I've seen photos of what everyone else is seeing and that's what it looks like. i've tried wearing other shapes, doing a character test, clearing cache, disintalling the viewer (official latest version) and re-installing. The only thing that works is...not use the official viewer... I'm stumped. Any ideas? Worth filing a bug report about, do you reckon? The thing is, a couple of friends said they'd seen several similar episodes over the last few days, so there's a chance it's not just me. I actually like the official viewer - it's a bit of a shame I can't play SL unless I use a thrid party one, though.

2 answers to this question

Hi Carole, do you have just the one viewer installed?  I will send you a folder inworld that I have used several times to get from an unrezzed state to my normal 'self'.  I do not know if it will work in your case, but it's worth a try.  Just click the folder and REPLACE everything with one click.  Once you have rezzed as that avatar complete, you can rebuild your avatar.  See if it works for you.

That is caused by avatar physics introduced with LL's official viewer 2.6.3 and the way it sends shape data to other viewers (see VWR-25479) Third party viewers without avatar physics support probably will contain a fix (Phoenix includes the fix from version 1052 onwards), but old official Viewer 1.23 or Snowglobe 1.4/1.5 from LL won't be fixed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.