I am very new SL user and I tried to log in SL after creating new account, but log in failed

angelblst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am very new SL user and I tried to log in SL after creating new account, but log in failed with message of "Log in failed. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong."

I've tried my iMac and Macbook Pro both, but same result with SL viewer 2 for Mac.

Would you some one help me out what's wrong with this?  I can log in SL web site with my new account without any trouble. I already update billing for adult verification.  Internet is AT&T DSL and no issue at all for internet connectivity.

4 answers to this question

Welcome to SL, almost lol :)

Try an older version of the viewer, the latest one seems to cause people all sort of login problems. Go to http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Supported_Viewers scroll down the page and download version 2.6.2.

When you login, change the mode on the login screen from Basic to Advanced and then reopen the login screen and you should see "Me" at the top left of the screen. Go to Me > Preferences and switch off the automatic-updates, so that it doesn`t update back to the other version again.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.