Jomo Development Kit: trials and tribulations?

Elijah Patton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

So I'm trying to find out more on the process of creating mesh clothing, skins, and objects and wanted to post some of the issues/success I'm having (so far). I'd make a post on a social media blog but I think that's too limiting. I thought this would be the best place for this since the community might be nice enough to point me in the right direction, give feedback, or my struggles might help other people pursue this whole process.

For anyone trying to dive into mesh/model creation: The struggle is real! I haven't even made an object yet and I'm already having a difficult time trying to follow along with tutorials online (Check out CannedMushrooms and the MAYA Learning Channel as good learning sources). I've made stuff before using Blender and DAZ Studio's Hexagon but then life happened and I lost all those assets, so now I have to start over again and re-learn how to do everything (since I've forgotten how to do everything).

In any case ...

The goal of this post/thread/project is to share information about the JOMO mesh avatar, and the development kit. I like the mesh and the creator has made the model(s) available to content creators, which I think is pretty awesome. You can find the development kits for the; HUMAN (male), FOX V2 (m/f), LION V1 (m/f), HUSKY (m/f), WEREWOLF (m/f), & LEOPARD V2 from the original creators' Dropbox links as appropriate.

Side note: I'm using Maya 2018 (student edition) and a Mac, so I don't know if we're going to see problems because of that but I'm willing to bet we will.

---

Thanks for your time!

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 10.58.46 PM.png

Edited by Elijah Patton
uploaded incorrect image

Issues with importing .FBX to Maya (2018) ...

So, I'm not sure if this is normal, but I'm assuming it isn't. After importing the JOMO model from the development kit into Maya, it looks weird. Does anyone familiar with Maya know what these weird blue lines around the model are? They're on every model EXCEPT the human male mesh, who is an altogether different kind of weird. Why does he have pieces of himself missing?

• Unable to select the model without clicking on a line and deleting them starts to warp and break the model.
  • There is no 'Geometry' or 'Bones' in the 'Display > Layers' section, which seems important for rigging later on.

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 10.47.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 10.49.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 10.50.25 PM.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.